PeekSeleb – Indonesia is known for its culinary delights. No exception with the typical food of West Sumatra which tastes appetizing.
One of the typical Minangkabau dishes that people may know is batako meat. So, PeekSeleb wants to give you a recipe for making brick meat.
- 500 grams of beef, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cm ginger, crushed
- 2 sticks of lemon grass, bruised
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 pieces of lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 500 ml of water
- Right amount of oil
How to make:
- Heat cooking oil in a large skillet. Sauté garlic, ginger, lemon grass, bay leaves and lime leaves until fragrant.
- Put the beef pieces into the skillet. Sauté until the meat turns brown.
- Add sweet soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, salt, ground pepper, and sugar. Stir well until the spices are evenly distributed throughout the pieces of meat.
- Pour water into the pan. Let the meat boil, then reduce the heat. Cover the pan and cook for about 1.5 – 2 hours until the meat is tender and the spices are absorbed.
- After the meat is tender, remove the brick pieces of meat from the pan. Reheat the cooking oil in the pan.
- Fry the pieces of meat in hot oil until browned and crispy skin. Remove and drain from the oil.
- Serve hot batako beef with warm white rice.