PeekSeleb – The Chicken Katsu recipe is one that is popular with many people. This dish is popular in Japan and has now become a favorite in various countries including Indonesia.
This fried chicken, which is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, offers the perfect combination of taste and texture. In this article, we will discuss how to make easy chicken katsu.
1. Ingredients for Chicken Katsu Recipe
– 2 chicken breasts, cut into smaller pieces
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 2 eggs, shake off
– Enough bread flour
– Cooking oil for frying
2. How to Cook Chicken Katsu
1. First of all, take a piece of chicken breast and trim away any excess fat. Then, season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Make sure all the ingredients are evenly mixed with the chicken.
2. After that, heat the cooking oil in a pan over medium heat. Make sure the oil is deep enough so that the chicken can be completely submerged while frying.
3. While the oil is hot, prepare the other ingredients. Pour the breadcrumbs onto a large flat plate or bowl. Also, beat two eggs in a separate bowl.
4. Take a piece of chicken breast that has been smeared with spices, dip it in the beaten egg, and make sure the entire surface is coated with the egg.
5. Remove the egg-coated chicken pieces and place on the breadcrumbs. Roll the chicken breast so that it is evenly coated with breadcrumbs. Make sure the surface of the chicken is covered with breadcrumbs.
6. Once the chicken breast is breaded, place the chicken pieces in the hot oil. Fry the chicken until it is golden in color and looks crispy on the outside. Make sure to turn the chicken pieces so they cook evenly on both sides.
7. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper or paper towels to remove excess oil.
8. Repeat steps 4 to 7 for the other pieces of chicken.
9. Chicken Katsu is ready to be served! You can serve it with warm white rice, tomato sauce, chili sauce or Japanese katsu sauce. For a fancier look, cut the chicken breast into pieces before serving.
Chicken Katsu is a delicious and easy dish to make at home. With this simple recipe, you can enjoy the taste of fried chicken that is crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Feel free to try this recipe and add your own personal touch with your favorite sauce or other accompaniments. Good luck and hope your food is always delicious!