Jakarta – Cappuccino is a type of drink that is often consumed by the public. This type of drink is often served in coffee shops.
However, coffee connoisseurs can make their own cappuccino at home. Below, ingredients, tools, and how to make cafe-style cappuccino at home.
What is Cappuccino?
Photo : pexels.com
Cappuccino is a type of coffee drink that is popular all over the world. This drink originates from Italy and is part of the coffee drink family served with milk. The name “cappuccino” comes from the uniform of the Capuchin order, which consists of a brown robe and a brown hat, similar to the cream and dark brown colors of cappuccino drinks.
Cappuccino is made from a combination of espresso, hot milk and milk foam. Espresso is a coffee extraction technique that involves forcing hot water through coffee grounds under high pressure. Meanwhile hot milk and milk foam are added to create the preferred espresso to milk ratio.
The process of making cappuccino begins with extracting one or two shots of espresso, then pouring it into a cappuccino cup. Then, hot milk is poured into the espresso, followed by the addition of milk foam on top. The classic comparison for cappuccino is 1/3 espresso, 1/3 hot milk and 1/3 milk foam.
Cappuccino drinks are usually served in cups of around 150-180 ml, although sizes can vary depending on preference and where it is served. Cappuccinos were usually served as a breakfast or morning drink, but due to their popularity, they can now be enjoyed throughout the day in coffee shops around the world.
Ingredients to Make Cappuccino
Photo : pexels.com
There are several ingredients needed to make cappuccino at home. Below are some of the ingredients to prepare:
1. Espresso ground coffee (or other finely ground coffee): 1-2 tablespoons per cappuccino
2. Fresh milk: 1 cup per cappuccino
3. Sugar (optional) to taste
4. Cocoa powder or cinnamon powder (optional) for garnish
Equipment for Making Cafe Style Cappuccino
Photo : TripAdvisor
In addition to materials, there are some equipment that must also be prepared. Below are some of these tools.
1. Espresso machine (or alternative: pour-over brewer or French press)
2. Milk steamer or milk frother
3. Thermometer (optional, to check milk temperature)
4. Cappuccino cup or glass
Steps to Make Cafe Style Cappuccino
Photo : Freepik.com
If the ingredients and tools are ready, it’s time to make your own cappuccino at home. Below, six ways to make cafe-style cappuccino at home.
1. Prepare an espresso coffee machine and turn it on to warm up.
2. Brew espresso using finely ground ground coffee. Produce 1 or 2 shots of espresso, according to taste, and pour it into a cappuccino cup.
3. If you want to add sugar, add it to the espresso and stir until it dissolves.
3. Heat the milk on the stove over medium heat to about 65-70°C (don’t let it boil). If you have a thermometer, make sure the temperature meets the recommendations.
4. Next, using a milk steamer or milk frother, make milk foam by facing the tip of the steamer against the surface of the milk at a 45 degree angle and rotating slowly until foam forms. You can also use a French press by pumping milk in it to create foam.
4. When the milk foam is sufficient, pour the warmed milk and milk foam into a cup with a ratio of about 1/3 espresso and 2/3 milk.
5. Can add a little extra milk foam as a garnish on top of the cappuccino.
6. If desired, sprinkle some cocoa powder or cinnamon powder over the milk foam as a final decoration. (nes)