Intipceleb – Fried dumplings are one of the most popular foods in Asia, especially in Indonesia and China. This food has a savory taste and crunchy texture which makes it a favorite of many people. Fried dumplings have a long and rich history and come in a wide variety of flavors and fillings.
In this article, we will discuss the origin of fried dumplings and provide a recipe for making them yourself at home. What’s the complete information like? Come on, take a peek at the article below!
The Origin of Fried Dumplings
Fried dumplings have different historical roots in Indonesia and China. In China, fried dumplings or jiaozi have been around for thousands of years. According to legend, fried dumplings were first made by a doctor named Zhang Zhongjing during the Eastern Han Dynasty in the 2nd century AD.
Zhang Zhongjing uses dumpling skins filled with meat and spices as a medicine to warm the body in cold winter. Over time, jiaozi became a popular food among Chinese people and has a variety of fillings.
In Indonesia, fried dumplings were introduced by Chinese immigrants who came in the 17th century. This food is then adapted to the tastes of the Indonesian people with the addition of local herbs and spices. Fried dumplings are becoming increasingly popular and known throughout Indonesia, either as an appetizer or a snack.
Recipe for Making Fried Dumplings
Here is a simple recipe for making fried dumplings at home:
– Ready to use dumpling skin
– 200 grams of ground chicken meat
– 100 grams of finely chopped shrimp
– 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
– 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
– 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
– Salt to taste
– Pepper to taste
– 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
– The oil for frying
How to make:
1. Mix ground chicken, minced shrimp, garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, salt, pepper and cornstarch in a bowl. Stir well until all the ingredients are well mixed.
2. Take a piece of wonton skin and place a teaspoon of the filling in the middle.
3. Fold the dumpling skin into a triangle and press the edges tightly.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all the filling is used up.
5. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
6. Fry the dumplings in hot oil until golden and crispy.
7. Remove the fried dumplings and drain excess oil using a paper towel.
8. Fried dumplings are ready to be served. Enjoy with chili sauce or tomato sauce.
With the recipe above, you can try making your own fried dumplings at home. Apart from that, you can also experiment with variations of fillings such as beef, vegetables, or a mixture of chicken and shrimp according to your taste.
Fried dumplings are a delicacy and are perfect as a snack or an appetizer. Its savory taste and crunchy texture make fried dumplings a favorite in many restaurants and food stalls.
If you want to try delicious and appetizing food, there’s nothing wrong with trying to make fried dumplings yourself at home.